Upgrading the Thermostat in Your Ontario Home Can Help You Save
If you’re looking for a simple, inexpensive way to save energy, reduce costs and increase comfort in your Hahnville home, look no further than your thermostat. While your manual thermostat may have provided you years of loyal service, upgrading a thermostat to a programmable model is a decision you won’t regret. Here’s why.
Stop Wasting, Start Setting
Your manual thermostat remains at a fixed set-point until you remember to change it, which can result in significant wastage. With a programmable thermostat, you set it once and let the built-in memory do the rest.
Reap the Benefits of Upgrading Your Thermostat
- Reduce energy usage. Program your thermostat to desired comfort levels for times you’re home and awake. Use energy saving set-points, several degrees higher in the summer and lower in the winter, for times you’re asleep or away. For each degree you lower the dial for eight hours or more, you’ll save three percent on your energy bill.
- Increase comfort. Awaken or arrive to a comfortable home that’s just the right temperature.
- Receive helpful reminders. Many units have a built-in alert system to remind you when it’s time for maintenance or to change the air filter or batteries.
Make the Right Choice
There are many different types and models to choose from; opt for one that’s compatible with your HVAC system and suits your family’s lifestyle the best.
First, choose the best thermostat for your lifestyle:
- 7-day programming – The optimal choice for families that operate on a different schedule each day of the week.
- 5+2 day programming – Allows you to set one schedule during the week and another on the weekend.
- 5+1+1 day programming – Ideal if you have the same schedule Monday through Friday but different hours on both Saturday and Sunday.
Next, consider additional features:
- Touch-screen controls
- Indicator lights
- Vacation mode
- Battery backup
- Remote programming and controls
- Backlit display
To learn more about upgrading a thermostat, give us a call at Bryans United Air Conditioning. We’ve proudly served homeowners in the Metro New Orleans area since 1982.
Written by Zach Mouton
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com