Summers in our climate are long, hot and humid, which mean that cooling systems get a solid workout. Nursing an old system along is costly in terms of comfort, maintenance and energy bills. Why put off a replacement? By investing in a system now, you stand to gain a number of benefits.
- Energy efficiency: Today’s air conditioning systems operate far more efficiently than older models. They must have a minimum seasonal energy efficiency ratio of 13. Many systems can have SEER ratings in the low- to mid-20s. Your present system may have a SEER rating as low as six. Replacing your system with a high-efficiency unit promises to significantly lower your energy bills.
- Tax credits: Expired tax credits for high-efficiency equipment have been restored. Invest in a high-efficiency air conditioner this year, and you can claim a 10 percent tax credit.
- Warranty: One of the best benefits of an air conditioner replacement is the warranty that comes with it. Many warranties are effective for a decade. And if you’re planning to put your home on the market, a new warrantied system could add value to your property.
- Increased comfort: Cooling technology has improved over the last decade to reduce energy consumption and increase indoor comfort. Systems with variable-speed air handlers run quietly, remove more humidity and use less electricity.
- Better air quality: Slower and longer running speeds with a variable-speed air handler also improve indoor air quality.
- Environmentally friendlier: Replacing your old system that uses R-22 refrigerant with one that uses R-410A shrinks your carbon footprint.
If you would like to learn more about an air conditioner replacement, contact Bryans United Air Conditioning. We’ve provided HVAC services to homeowners in the New Orleans metro area since 1982.
Written by Zach Mouton