Too often people wait until there is a problem with their air conditioner before calling for service. What they do not realize is that most breakdowns can be avoided if their units receive regular maintenance.
So how often should you have your Gretna, LA AC unit serviced? The answer is at least once a year. Your AC unit should be serviced each spring before you put it to work keeping your Gretna, LA, home cool and comfortable during our hot summers.
Common Problems That Can Be Avoided With Regular Maintenance
Regular maintenance can help you avoid several common AC issues that can cause your air conditioner to break down when you least expect it. These issues include:
- Warm air blowing from air vents, which could be a sign of low refrigerant or a refrigerant leak
- Freeze-ups on your condenser or evaporator coils, from low refrigerant or limited airflow
- Overflowing or leaking drain pan from clogs or rusting
- Unit will not turn on because thermostat is not working or has dead batteries
- AC system keeps turning itself on and off, which can be caused by limited airflow or an electrical issue
- System is not cooling your home as it should, which can be caused by a dirty air filter
Regular Maintenance Saves You Money
Having your AC unit serviced before putting it to work for the summer is not only an investment in your family’s comfort. It is also an investment that can protect you from having an expensive repair bill.
During your regular maintenance service, our NATE-certified technicians will inspect your system for problems that could turn into bigger and more expensive repairs as they:
- Inspect, clean and lubricate moving parts and inspect electrical connections
- Make manufacturer-recommended adjustments
- Measure refrigerant level and pressure
- Inspect and replace air filter as needed
- Check condensate line and condenser drain pan for clogs and leaks
- Measure temperature of cooled air blowing out of vents
Providing Exceptional Service for Almost 40 Years
Gretna residents have trusted our company for maintaining, repairing, and installing their heating and cooling systems for almost 40 years. Contact the cooling experts at Bryans United Air Conditioning to schedule your yearly air conditioner maintenance appointment.
Image provided by iStock