Ready to Upgrade Your AC for the Upcoming Summer Season
If the thought of paying your summer electric bill makes you weep, then it may be time to upgrade your air conditioning system. Older units cost more to operate and experience costly breakdowns more often. Learn why now is the best time to upgrade your AC for the coming summer.
Why Upgrade Before Summer?
The best reason to upgrade now is for the money you’ll save. First, you save by lowering your energy bill substantially. Air conditioning is your largest expense on electricity in the summer. When you upgrade to a modern efficient system, you’ll see your bill slashed the very first month.
Summer is also a very busy time for most HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) companies. By installing your system sooner, you’ll enjoy a lower cost on equipment and labor because of simple supply and demand. Also, you wait less and enjoy faster response before the peak season hits. If you suspect your current air conditioner will break down this summer, then you can plan to use that money toward a new system instead.
How to Maximize Your Return on Investment
While you may see an air conditioning installation as an expense, it truly can be one of your best investments. Here are some of the ways to see a return on your investment as fast as possible:
- Lower Energy Bill – Your energy bill is where you really see the return on investing in an energy efficient A/C unit. With air conditioning averaging half the cost of most American homes, you can be sure the numbers are even higher in summer. To lower your energy bill as much as possible, choose a new system with a high SEER rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). Modern advances in technology have cut air conditioning power consumption by almost half the cost.
- Government Tax Credit and Rebate Programs – Local, county and federal government programs want to reward those who choose energy efficient air conditioning systems. Many offer tax credits against income or property taxes. They might also pay you back in the form of rebate checks. Likewise, your local utility company may have incentives or rebates available too. Ask your HVAC technician for which programs your house and system qualify.
- Audit Your Entire Home Energy for Waste – Because you’ll have the technicians on site, it makes sense to spend a bit more for the minor cost of a home energy audit. Going beyond the average air conditioning installation, HVAC technicians will inspect your entire home for ways to lower your utility bills. Many of the improvements, such as weather stripping, cost very little while saving you a significant amount of money every month.
- Program the Thermostat – Most new system installations come with a modern programmable thermostat. Once set, they can reduce the settings or turn off the air conditioner when you’re not at home or sleeping. The savings can really add up. Ask your technician to help explain the features and program the thermostat for your unique household.
Additional Upgrades to Consider
When installing a new system, there’s no better time to include further upgrades. You may be able to avail of discounts and package deals by doing so. Here are a few options to consider:
- Dehumidifying Thermostat – In addition to a programmable thermostat, you can upgrade to include control over the humidity inside the home. Louisiana has some of the most humid weather. Dust mites, bacteria and mold need a humid environment to grow and thrive. By lowering the humidity, you keep airborne pollutants at a minimum.
- Air Purifiers – If the quality of the air you breathe is really important to you, then consider adding an air purifier to your HVAC system. It doesn’t just filter; it’s captures and kills bacteria, viruses and mold.
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements – Don’t wait for wear and tear to get the best of your new air conditioning system. Proper maintenance includes having your A/C unit serviced twice a year in spring and fall. By taking good care of your equipment, you’ll spend less compared to emergency repairs.
Financing Bryant HVAC Systems
When it comes to upgrading your A/C unit, you may feel eager to make the switch. However, money concerns may hold you back. Ironically, now is one of the best times to finance a new system. The money you save on your electric bill can offset some or all of the monthly payment. Don’t let money issues stop you. No matter what your budget, Bryant Factory Authorized Dealers have flexible options flexible financing options with approved credit to fit your situation.
Bryans United Air Conditioning in Metairie, LA
For more than 30 years, Bryans has been installing Bryant HVAC systems in Metro New Orleans, Metairie, LA, and surrounding areas. We’re a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer, and we guarantee your satisfaction in writing. To learn more about upgrading your AC for the coming summer months, call us today.
Written by Zach Mouton